SERVING THE CHILDREN OF THE WORLD
Serving Dubuque since 1920 with service projects that respond to community needs. Service projects focus on the needs of young children and in developing future generations of leaders.
Club meetings are held every Monday from 12:00 to 1:00 PM in downtown Dubuque at the Holiday Inn hotel, 450 Main Street. These meetings offer an atmosphere of fun, learning, and fellowship. An interesting speaker will discuss current topics of interest to the community. Downtown- noon meetings
Can’t make our weekly meetings? Learn about our Satellite Group
What is Kiwanis?
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time. As a group they can achieve what individuals cannot do alone. These individuals belong to Kiwanis clubs located throughout the world, attend regular meetings for fellowship and inspiration and perform voluntary community service through committees within each club. Kiwanis is a service organization and it does not prescribe a way of life for others.
Kiwanis members are ordinary people performing extraordinary work. Kiwanis, through guidance and example, works to develop future generations of leaders. Every day, Kiwanians are revitalizing neighborhoods, organizing youth-sports programs, tutoring, building playgrounds, and performing countless other projects to help children and community.
HOW WE SERVE OUR COMMUNITY:
- Operating a food stand at the Dubuque County Fair
- Sponsoring Peanut Day throughout the city
- Co-Host the annual youth soccerfest tournament with AYSO
- Iowa Adopt-a-Highway Project — Highway 61 so. (between Tamarack Business Park and Dubuque Regional Airport)
- Participate in the annual Main Street Pickup
- Participate in the annual Weatherization Challenge
- Ringing bells for the Salvation Army
- Awarding medals and serving lunch to participants of the Iowa Winter Special Olympics
- Preparing a noon meal for the needy at the Dubuque Rescue Mission
- Sponsoring Key Clubs at Hempstead and Senior High Schools and a K-Kids Club at Hoover Elementary School (Youth Leadership and Community Service clubs)